Re: [exim] Need some help with Exim LDAP lookups, please?

Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Need some help with Exim LDAP lookups, please?
Gary Perkins <gary.perkins@???> (Fr 01 Jul 2016 11:37:49 CEST):
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen before?
>
> I'm setting up a mail server and I'd like an exim router to run lookups to an ldap server, where we have user credentials and mail aliases/groups stored. I already have dovecot authenticating against the ldap server and I can also successfully run 'ldapsearch' queries. So the LDAP server is working from the mail server. It works using either ldap:// or ldaps://.
>
> This is what I'm trying to test an exim LDAP lookup:
>
> exim -d-all+lookup -be <<'EOF'
> ${lookup ldap {user='uid=ldapauth,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=company,dc=co,dc=uk' pass='somepassword' ldap:///cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=company,dc=co,dc=uk?member?sub?(cn=everyone)}}

Try using user="…" (double quotes, instead of single quotes)

If this doesn't help…

try

    ldapwhoami -x \
        -D uid=ldapauth,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=company,dc=co,dc=uk \
        -w somepassword \
        -b cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=company,dc=co,dc=uk \
        -H ldap://ipa0.company.co.uk

and
    ldapsearch -x \
        -D uid=ldapauth,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=company,dc=co,dc=uk \
        -w somepassword \
        -H ldap://ipa0.company.co.uk \
        -b cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=company,dc=co,dc=uk \
        cn=everyone member

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann