Re: [exim] Help using cutthrough_delivery

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help using cutthrough_delivery
Hi,

Rob Szarka <szlists@???> (Mi 29 Jun 2016 02:06:47 CEST):

> # ACL that is used after the RCPT command
>
> check_recipient:
>
> # apply cutthrough_delivery for the rest of the connection
> warn control = cutthrough_delivery

>   accept  domains = +relay_domains
>           endpass
>           verify = recipient/callout=use_sender

> ***

> I'm running version 4.87, and I am sure that the domain in question is being
> handled by the accept clause above. But when a message is rejected by the
> remote system, a bounce message is still generated and the logging never
> shows ">>" for cutthrough delivery. I've also tried with the control verb
> within the accept clause itself (and a seemingly-infinite number of other
> variations).

How many recipients does the message in question have? The cutthrough
delivery works only if all the recipients have the same destination.

Can you tcpdump your connection to check if there is at least the
cutthrough attempt?

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann