[exim] Help using cutthrough_delivery

Author: Rob Szarka
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Help using cutthrough_delivery
Hi, folks. Sorry that my first message to the list is a cry for help,
but I'm a relatively new exim user and I've banged my head on this one
until I'm dizzy... Some points would be much appreciated!

I am stoked about the new cutthrough_delivery option, and I'm trying to
use it for sites where this server is a backup MX receiver, but I can't
seem to get it to work. I've tried a variety of approaches, but here's
what I have right now:

***

# ACL that is used after the RCPT command

check_recipient:

# apply cutthrough_delivery for the rest of the connection
warn control = cutthrough_delivery

   accept  domains = +relay_domains
           endpass
           verify = recipient/callout=use_sender

***

I'm running version 4.87, and I am sure that the domain in question is
being handled by the accept clause above. But when a message is rejected
by the remote system, a bounce message is still generated and the
logging never shows ">>" for cutthrough delivery. I've also tried with
the control verb within the accept clause itself (and a
seemingly-infinite number of other variations).

I feel like there must be something basic I'm missing here. Is there
something else I need to do to be sure that the message is rejected
during the session? Can someone point me to an example configuration for
this scenario?

--
Rob Szarka
http://szarka.org/