Re: [exim] multiple dummy domains

Góra strony
Autor: Gary Stainburn
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] multiple dummy domains
On Tuesday 28 June 2016 17:36:54 Mike Brudenell wrote:
> Hi, Gary -
>
> There are several ways of doing it, with the most general perhaps being to
> do lookups in text files — perhaps one per domain — to see if the address
> is one to rewrite and, if so, what it should be rewritten to.

This was my first (and most likely) choice. I already have a file

/etc/aliases.d/existing_domain.com

which is a simple alias file and contains all of the valid email addresses for
that domain. My thought is to create symlinks to

/etc/aliases.d/webdomain1.com
/etc/aliases.d/webdomain2.com

etc. and then add them to my exim.conf. This way I only ever have one file to
edit.

> However the really simple way is to take a look at the *Address
> Rewriting* chapter
> in the Exim specification:
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-address_rewriti
>ng.html

I did consider using rewriting rules, but feel this method is less clear or
obvious. I feel both the logic and the exim.conf would be clearer using the
method above.