Re: [exim] multiple dummy domains

Góra strony
Autor: Mike Brudenell
Dla: Exim-Users Mailing List
Temat: Re: [exim] multiple dummy domains
Hi, Gary -

There are several ways of doing it, with the most general perhaps being to
do lookups in text files — perhaps one per domain — to see if the address
is one to rewrite and, if so, what it should be rewritten to.

However the really simple way is to take a look at the *Address
Rewriting* chapter
in the Exim specification:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-address_rewriting.html

This feature lets you rewrite any or all of the normal message headers
and/or the envelope. So you could rewrite the Envelope To ("env-to") in
order to change the recipient the message is delivered to. (Alone, this
would leave the visible To header showing the original address, but you
could rewrite this as well if you wished.)

Of course you shouldn't blindly rewrite *every* domain's addresses! You'll
first want to check if the domain is one of yours and that you need to
rewrite it. You could do this using an lsearch of a text file to see if the
domain is listed in it. Or maybe consider using a database instead if you
have loads of domains.

See the section *Rewriting patterns* in that chapter for a database lookup
using "partial-dbm" in the match-pattern to give you some ideas.

Cheers,
Mike Brudenell