[exim] Properly configuring exim to work with Amazon SES

Author: Weydson Lima
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Properly configuring exim to work with Amazon SES
Hi,

I'm trying to set up exim to work with Amazon SES. I had this properly set
up before when I was using a cPanel/WHM setup, but now we moved to Amazon
EC2 and I can't seem to get it properly working.

It seems that for some email addresses, exim wants to use the local route
instead of the SES one. Also, exim is ignoring the From field passed by the
PHP mail's function in some occasions which results in Amazon to reject
those emails as the From field isn't verified.

Is there a way where I can make some tests from the command line where I
can pass some variables such as:

1. the user being used to connect to exim (mostly apache as the emails are
sent by it);
2. the mail body including headers;

And the result will be a verbose output of what is happening on the
background on the exim side so I can troubleshoot this further?

Thank you