Re: [exim] Exim4 route based on senders IP address

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 route based on senders IP address
Hi, Pete -

On 7 June 2016 at 10:40, Peter Leeman <Peter.Leeman@???> wrote:

> Yes, you are correct, I am looking to do the check based on IP address.
> I'm hoping to investigate further this afternoon; faults permitting.
> Hopefully replacing 'match' with 'match_ip' will work.

(Phew!) A couple of things to remember that are explained in the
*Specification* but easy to overlook:

- the second item, with the list of IP addresses in it, is *not* expanded,
and
- the values have to look like IP addresses or netblocks: they can't be
textual DNS names.

I've been caught by both at times! :-)
Good luck, and I hope you get it working OK!
Mike B-)

--
Systems Administrator & Change Manager
IT Services, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK

Web: www.york.ac.uk/it-services
Disclaimer: www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm