Re: [exim] SRS with Exim: feelings regarding srs_alt?

Góra strony
Autor: Kurt Jaeger
Dla: Felix Schwarz
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] SRS with Exim: feelings regarding srs_alt?
Hi!

> Exim supports SRS as an experimental option when used with srs_alt. Is anyone
> using that in a somewhat stable setup? Is there some plan how to deal with
> srs_alt in general?

I'm the maintainer for the FreeBSD port and I provide a mirror for the
code at

http://opsec.eu/src/srs/

> What worries me is that srs_alt the last development activity dates almost 10
> years back and there no real home for the software anymore.

If you have problems, please report and I'll try to work on it.

> As far as I know
> this fate is more or less shared by all srs libraries but are there any plans
> on the Exim side to change that? Or is SRS considered a "dead" standard which
> won't be used anyway?
>
> I mean even some kind of git repo to fix gcc warnings would be a start...

That's a suggestion, thanks. I'll have to read up on git to get this
going, and it will take some time, but I'll give it a try.

--
pi@???            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !