Re: [exim] conditional transport filters?

Góra strony
Autor: Jeremy Harris
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] conditional transport filters?
On 06/05/16 06:30, Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2016-05-04, Felix Schwarz <felix.schwarz@???> wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a transport filter before passing the message to dovecot (LDA). This
>> transport filter adds a few headers (spam checking).
>
> do what Jeremy says:
>
> put single quotes around the ${if...}

Maybe we should start more formally gathering niggles like this
as a wishlist for a Major Version Number changeset.

- ordering of expansion in transport_filter option is nonstandard,
being space-split before $-expansion.

Suggested solution: just redefine to be the other way about.

- router headers_remove is awkward in two ways
- colon separated list (differs from headers_add)
- list-split before $-expansion, is nonstandard

Suggested solution: redefine as newline-separated list and
$-expanded first, as a whole.

Problems: the expansion ordering was done that way because it
seemed the only decent way to code it at the time, when support
for multiple headers_remove options per router was added.

- Lose ACL "endpass"
- Redefine ACL "message" to be in-text-order evaluation
- Lose warn ACL "message" action (replaced by add_header)

- Lose router "unseen"

Any more?

There are other ideas buried in the bugs which are more far-reaching.
Reducing the number of languages involved in an exim config was one
(I count: ACL, retries, router-chain, authenticators, exim-filter...).
We're in the territory here of people having to (probably manually)
having to rewrite their exim.conf files. It may never get done,
but we could discuss to see how much interest there is.

To be clear: this would be Exim 5.x and there are no current plans
for it.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy