[exim] OT: Third party spam / reputation filters

Author: John McMurray
Subject: [exim] OT: Third party spam / reputation filters
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I hope I've use the OT: thingy properly in the subject line.
This is not really an exim issue its more of a mail delivery from my
server(s) issue and I'm interested in any advice I might get.

Here's the problem. I have a bunch of VPSs for web hosting / email
hosting. Some of the servers I've only had for less than 12 months, but
I always use a reputable data centre. In spite of that Microsoft and
Mcafee seem to have this Neanderthal approach in which they block huge
subnets in their reputation lists. It also appears as though they don't
automatically clear those addresses after some time.

In the case of Mcafee its made even worse because they won't speak to
anyone who is not a paying client, and their advice is to contact the
very person you can't contact to ask them to ask mcafee.

Anyway, this just seems like an awful system particularly given that
we've now (a while back) run out of IPv4's, so it seems that there has
to be a fairly high rate of IP turnover.

This results in many of my clients not being able to send to any
microsoft addresses as well as those corporations which use mcafee and
the likes.

Is this something you've managed to deal with? Any tips on how to go
about it?

Thanks,

John McMurray
john@???