Re: [exim] fakereject usage and redirecting SPAM mail to a l…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] fakereject usage and redirecting SPAM mail to a local spool to build spam/ham corpus
On 22/03/16 15:32, Andrew Jeremy Gargan wrote:
> I was thinking of changing this to:
> --- snip ---
>   warn    control = fakereject|SPAM detected ($spam_score)
>           condition  = ${if <{$message_size}{1536k}{1}{0}}
>           hosts      = !+spam_exclusions:!+relay_from_hosts:*
>           senders    = !@@partial0-lsearch;CONFDIR/lists/white.list
>           spam       = nobody
>           condition  = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{60}{1}{0}}
> --- snip ---

Care with the ordering of the conditions & modifiers on an ACL
verb. They get processed in the order written (except for
"message", which is copied at the time of its in-order
sequence but only expanded at the end). So that "fakereject" probably
is actioned in cases you do not want.

> I DON'T want this to be delivered to the users at this point but rather
> just locally spooled to mailspool@$primary_hostname.
>
> The idea is to build a SPAM/HAM training mechanism which can then also
> allow a quick delivery of False positive SPAM Mails.
>
> I was thinking of doing this via Header Rewrites. Can someone suggest a
> **clean** way of doing this.

Redirect in a router, every time. To support reinjection of false-pos
messages, consider adding a header with the original recipient.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy