Re: [exim-dev] warning on missing environment option

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] warning on missing environment option
Hi Arkadiusz,

Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> (Do 17 Mär 2016 07:51:57 CET):
> > and it does that in weird conditions like:
> >
> > # exim -bpc
> > 0
> > (silent)
>
> Oh, why? Don't know. I'll investigate this.

Conclusion:
The warning about keep_environment is logged as "LOG_MAIN", not
"LOG_PANIC", as I consider a panic something that stops the engines.

For "exim -bpc" the warning goes into the log file (main log). I'm not
sure if this is the right behaviour for "mailq" alias "exim -bpc" to log
anything into any file… But it is that way for now.

> > # exim -bP spool_directory
> > LOG: MAIN
> > WARNING: purging the environment.
> > Suggested action: use keep_environment and add_environment.
> >
> > spool_directory = /var/spool/exim
> > (complains)
>
> That's beeing worked on, I'll silence it in
> all that testing/listing modes (except -bV).

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann