Re: [exim] OT? ClamAV has big problem to update

Author: Shamim Shahriar
To: Luca Bertoncello
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] OT? ClamAV has big problem to update
Not sure why, had similar issue in one of few servers. Kept on getting
notices that clamav could not update itself. Tried manual update, none of
the server's "responded". Tried removing the db and then update, didn't
work. Tried uninstalling (and getting rid of relevant files/folders),
reinstalling. Kept on getting notices that I'm on older version (even
though I'm not), took nearly an hour (and many retries on different ip
addresses initially) to get the main.cvd. Not convinced it had anything to
do with new cvd or my setup.

It is not just about being unable to get definition from various different
ip addresses and failing, it is also about the time it is taking to
download them.

Thanks.