Re: [exim] Using local_host_blacklist

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Amanda Giarla
To: Andreas Metzler, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Using local_host_blacklist
First time I read through the piped output I was looking for the file name
"local_host_blacklist"
to see that it was read from AND it is not in the output at all.

So I have done as you suggested and looked at the transactions especially
on the IP address that is in the file "local-host_blacklist".
I could see the IP address being checked by the various sections in the
output for example

>>> looking up host name for 64.142.111.80
>>> IP address lookup yielded c.mail.sonic.net
>>> gethostbyname2 looked up these IP addresses:
>>> name=c.mail.sonic.net address=64.142.111.80
>>> checking addresses for c.mail.sonic.net
>>> 64.142.111.80 OK

and later in output

>>> check dnslists = ${readfile {/etc/exim4/dnsbl.conf}{:}}
>>>                = bl.spamcop.net:zen.spamhaus.org:
>>> DNS list check: bl.spamcop.net
>>> => that means 64.142.111.80 is not listed at bl.spamcop.net
>>> DNS list check: zen.spamhaus.org
>>> new DNS lookup for 80.111.142.64.zen.spamhaus.org
>>> DNS lookup for 80.111.142.64.zen.spamhaus.org failed
>>> => that means 64.142.111.80 is not listed at zen.spamhaus.org
>>> deny: condition test failed in ACL "acl_check_rcpt"

The output does not show any sign that the IP Address 64.142.111.80 was
checked against
the contents of file "local_host_blacklist".

looking in the main config template located at
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template
the only thing I see that might be related to local_host_blacklist

acl_check_spammers:
  accept  hosts            = +whitelist

  drop    message        = Your host in blacklist on this server.
            log_message   = Host in blacklist
            hosts              = +spammers

accept

HOWEVER having read Chapter 7 of the Exim Internet Mailer Chapter 7
Am I suppose to add something like the following and place it in the
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template file?

  drop    message         = Your host in blacklist on this server.
            log_message   = Host in blacklist
            hosts               = +local_host_blacklist

Sorry if I appear to be confused - this is a difficult puzzle to put
together.

Amanda