Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.87 RC3 uploaded

Author: The Doctor
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.87 RC3 uploaded
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 02:33:24PM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 09:49:39AM +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:
>
> > On 19/01/16 09:37, The Doctor wrote:
> > > Why does this happen under OpenSSL 1.1 ?
> >
> > I assume that OpenSSL have gratuitously changed their interfaces.
>
> Some interfaces have changed, but I am not aware of any gratuitous
> changes, if there are any unwarranted changes, please let me know,
> and I'll see what I can do, OpenSSL 1.1.0 is not yet set in stone.
>
> Making internal structures opaque is important for long-term
> supportability of the API. Yes, it causes some one-time compatibility
> issues now, but it needs to be done.

In tls-openssl.c there are only 3 concerns that were pointed out.

There maybe more on the way.

I use their daily SNAPSOHT to test these things.

The expected release date is April.

We should have patches that address

below OpenSSL 1.1 and OpenSSL 1.1 +.

The OpenSSL team are puting in some backwards compability
into the code in the meantime.