Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.87 RC3 uploaded

Author: Viktor Dukhovni
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.87 RC3 uploaded
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 09:49:39AM +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> On 19/01/16 09:37, The Doctor wrote:
> > Why does this happen under OpenSSL 1.1 ?
>
> I assume that OpenSSL have gratuitously changed their interfaces.

Some interfaces have changed, but I am not aware of any gratuitous
changes, if there are any unwarranted changes, please let me know,
and I'll see what I can do, OpenSSL 1.1.0 is not yet set in stone.

Making internal structures opaque is important for long-term
supportability of the API. Yes, it causes some one-time compatibility
issues now, but it needs to be done.

--
    Viktor.