Re: [exim] unseen redirect router generates DSN

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] unseen redirect router generates DSN
On 2015-12-09, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
> On 09/12/15 20:30, Jasen Betts wrote:
>> I have an unseen redirect router, it's producing DSN responses,
>> the sender also gets the DSN from the main delivery.
>> is that intentional?
>>
>> DSN response eg:
>>
>> <jasen@???> (relayed via non "Remote SMTP" router)
>> [...]
>> Action: delivered
>> Final-Recipient: rfc822;jasen@???
>> Diagnostic-Code: X-Exim; relayed via non SMTP router
>
> Could be easily argued it's a bug, I'd say... but the
> semantics of "unseen" are not specified all that tightly.
> I don't think we currently say either way.

yes, after looking at the documentation, it's unclear.

The problem I am trying to solve is hiding the quality-control diversion of sample
emails from DSN success returns, other DSNs seem to repond to
"errors_to" but a DSN success is not an error.

It looks like I'm going to need modify exim to add a config option
to enable diverting or blocking DSNs, but what form should it take?

Should I hit all the DSNa or just some of them?

Should the redirect router be transparent passing DSN settings through
to the child router (and letting that handle it) instead of being "non
dsn aware" and triggering an immediate success response?

What does DSN "notify=success" mean in the context of an errors_to
override? who should get the notification? and when?

--
\_(ツ)_