Re: [exim] Mails are not sent

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mails are not sent
I might be wrong, but I have a faint recollection that if a recipient
address is aliased to *:blackhole:* then the message in its entirety is
discarded; it is not delivered to any other recipients. (This differs from
aliasing a recipient address to */dev/null* for example.)

Can someone confirm this, or whether my memory is faulty? (The *Exim
Specification* isn't 100% clear on this: only talking about "if other
redirection items are present", which is different from "if other
recipients are present".)

If I'm remembering rightly then another thing for Jaime to consider is
whether the

*: :blackhole:

line in the desytec.com file is causing the entire message to disappear,
despite their being (I assume) an alias for "webmaster" to go to a mailbox
somewhere?

Cheers,
Mike B-)