Re: [exim] Mails are not sent

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Jaime Stuardo
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mails are not sent

> On 11 Dec 2015, at 20:53, Jaime Stuardo <jstuardo@???> wrote:
>
> I am attaching my exim configuration file.
>
> There is a line that shows:
>
> domainlist relay_domains = lsearch;/opt/exim/localdomains :
> lsearch;/opt/exim/secondarymx
>
> I am wondering if this is the file that affects this behavior. When I saw
> /opt/exim/localdomains file, this is listed:
>

> vps-1128921-x.dattaweb.com
> gestionproyectos.cl
> v-track.cl
> vtrack.cl
> dias.cl
> gestionx.cl
> marvas.cl
> commerce.gestionx.cl
> depasa.cl
> desytec.cl
> desytec.cn
> desytec.com.cn
> desytec.com
>
> As you read in my original mail, the address that is blackholed, belongs to
> desytec.com domain. Can I safely remove "desytec.com" line in above file to
> solve this problem?

the list local_domains isn’t used in the router virtual_aliases, but there is a test that searches that file. So, it would help. Whether it does any harm elsewhere depends on whether the list, or the file, is consulted for any other purpose. Removing it could, for example, prevent local submission.

virtual_aliases:
driver = redirect
allow_defer
allow_fail
data = ${if exists{/opt/exim/valiases/$domain}{${lookup{*}lsearch{/opt/exim/valiases/$domain}}}}
file_transport = address_file
group = exim
pipe_transport = virtual_address_pipe
domains = lsearch;/opt/exim/localdomains
retry_use_local_part

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex