Re: [exim] Mails are not sent

Author: Jaime Stuardo
To: 'Ian Eiloart'
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mails are not sent
Hello Ian,

Thanks for your e-mail, I will check what you say, however, I guess what is causing the problem. I am not sure, but I expose it here so that you could confirm if this is the problem and what is the configuration for Exim to avoid this.

I have a VPS where I host my own domain among my customers' domains. My domain is "desytec.com". The fact is that my e-mails are not hosted at this server but in Gmail, by mean of Google Apps. So that, MX records are configured for Google MX's records.

The problem is when my web sites try to send e-mails to some account in "desytec.com" by using sendmail or php mail or even SMTP, I think Exim tries to locate the e-mail in localhost since the domain is "desytec.com", and since the recipient does not exist locally, Exim sends the blackhole message.

I am thinking that this is the cause of the problem since all e-mails worked perfectly until last Monday, when I had my hosting at another server. When I changed to this new one, e-mails stopped working.

Is it possible to configure Exim to avoid this?

Thanks
Jaime