[exim] Fwd: Re: Problems with outgoing messages from virtual…

Author: Nicolas Dorfsman
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Fwd: Re: Problems with outgoing messages from virtual domains

Le 05/11/2015 07:08, Al T a écrit :

I have an Exim + Dovecot virtual domain configuration. My users are defined
in
Dovecot. Exim requires authentication before allowing any users to send
emails to external addresses. The users log in with their full email
addresses
for the username (first.last@??? for example).

My exim.conf contains the following:

primary_hostname = mail.domain-x.com
domainlist local_domains = virtual1.com : virtual2.com : domain-x.com

The problem I have is that when a user sends an email from one of the
virtual
domains (first.last@???), Exim sends the following during the SMTP
session when delivering the email:

MAIL-FROM: first.last@???@mail.domain-x.com

Some domains (including Gmail) reject the message because the MAIL-FROM
command does not contain a valid email address.

Is there a way to stop Exim from adding the primary_hostname to the
MAIL-FROM
address?

Known problem but the solution found on lists is unclear (look for "sender_retain") or can't work depending on context.

Try this :

In your acl_check_rcpt, where you put something like :

accept authenticated = *
      control = submission

Try :

accept authenticated = *
     control = dkim_disable_verify
     control = submission/domain=/name=

or better :

accept authenticated = *
     control = dkim_disable_verify
     control = submission/domain=/name={$lookup xxxxsql { SELECT .... to get the real name of virtual user } }