Re: [exim] Problems with outgoing messages from virtual doma…

Author: Nicolas Dorfsman
To: Al T
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems with outgoing messages from virtual domains

Le 05/11/2015 07:08, Al T a écrit :

> I have an Exim + Dovecot virtual domain configuration. My users are defined
> in
> Dovecot. Exim requires authentication before allowing any users to send
> emails to external addresses. The users log in with their full email
> addresses
> for the username (first.last@??? for example).
>
> My exim.conf contains the following:
>
> primary_hostname = mail.domain-x.com
> domainlist local_domains = virtual1.com : virtual2.com : domain-x.com
>
> The problem I have is that when a user sends an email from one of the
> virtual
> domains (first.last@???), Exim sends the following during the SMTP
> session when delivering the email:
>
> MAIL-FROM: first.last@???@mail.domain-x.com
>
> Some domains (including Gmail) reject the message because the MAIL-FROM
> command does not contain a valid email address.
>
> Is there a way to stop Exim from adding the primary_hostname to the
> MAIL-FROM
> address?

Known problem but the solution found on lists is unclear (look for
"sender_retain") or can't work depending on context.

Try this :

In your acl_check_rcpt, where you put something like :

accept authenticated = *
      control = submission

Try :

accept authenticated = *
     control = dkim_disable_verify
     control = submission/domain=/name=

or better :

accept authenticated = *
     control = dkim_disable_verify
     control = submission/domain=/name={$lookup xxxxsql { SELECT .... to
get the real name of virtual user } }