Re: [exim] can exim generate a sha1 hash of each message ?

Author: Luc Walker
To: Jeremy Harris, exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] can exim generate a sha1 hash of each message ?

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 4:12 AM, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:

On 09/10/15 16:28, Luc Walker wrote:
> Hello,I have a requirement to ensure message integrity, starting from our server to the endpoint (which has no DKIM capability).> One approach I am thinking is to somehow make exim calls a shell command such as sha1sum that takes the *body* of the message,  get the hash value and insert into an x-header.> Does anyone know if this is possible ?Or do you have other suggestions ?

You could write yourself a socket-connected daemon that doeschecksumming, and use the "sock" method of the "malware"ACL condition to call it.  See:

http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-content_scanning_at_acl_time.html#SECTscanvirus

Or there's a "cmdline" method, lower performance(and careful of the argument being a directory containingthe file rather than the complete filename).-- Cheers,  Jeremy

Jeremy,That's a clever way of doing it.  Whether I can write a socket-connected daemon is another concern.
Cheers,--luc