Re: [exim] can exim generate a sha1 hash of each message ?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] can exim generate a sha1 hash of each message ?
On 09/10/15 16:28, Luc Walker wrote:
> Hello,I have a requirement to ensure message integrity, starting from our server to the endpoint (which has no DKIM capability).
> One approach I am thinking is to somehow make exim calls a shell command such as sha1sum that takes the *body* of the message, get the hash value and insert into an x-header.
> Does anyone know if this is possible ?Or do you have other suggestions ?

You could write yourself a socket-connected daemon that does
checksumming, and use the "sock" method of the "malware"
ACL condition to call it. See:

http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-content_scanning_at_acl_time.html#SECTscanvirus

Or there's a "cmdline" method, lower performance
(and careful of the argument being a directory containing
the file rather than the complete filename).
--
Cheers,
Jeremy