Re: [exim] Segfault in 4.86 (mail queue handleing)

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Segfault in 4.86 (mail queue handleing)
Heiko Schlichting <exim-users@???> (Mo 05 Okt 2015 12:06:22 CEST):
> > 4.86.<n> is reserved for security fixes. And a new 4.xx release would
> > need more testing.

> Requiring the secret knowledge of undocumented git branches is not
> supporting those of us which build exim from source (latest release).

It was discussed on exim-devel and announced on exim-devel and
exim-maintainers (I'm not sure about exim-users). Of course, for
fetching the git master or for downloading exim-4.86.tar.gz you're not
urged to follow any of Exim lists.

(But I'm sure, you follow, thus you should have read the announcements.
So I suppose you're not talking about yourself :)

In case we continue the idea with the +fixes branch, it would be good to
place a hint at some prominent place.

The +fixes branch was invented to provide fast access to the most
important subset of changes without the need for new release.

But you're right, if the urgency for (some of) the patches rises, we
should release a 4.86.1 or whatever.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann