Re: [exim] Exim4 and Gmail on RPi - Frozen email

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 and Gmail on RPi - Frozen email
Hi,

Anon <axelle.apvrille@???> (Fr 28 Aug 2015 22:08:32 CEST):
> Hi,
>
> I think I have the typical frozen error when sending my emails via
> Gmail. But I don't know how to fix that :(
>
> This is what /var/log/exim4/mainlog :
>
> 2015-08-28 21:52:33 1ZVPhQ-00086z-4E ** MYEMAIL@??? R=smarthost
> T=remote_smtp_smarthost: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL
> FROM:<MYEMAIL@???> SIZE=1542: host gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com
> [64.233.184.108]: 530-5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at\n530
> 5.5.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14257 bq7sm9459906wjc.31 -

This says all you need, I'd suppose. Your Exim doesn't try to
authenticate with the Google servers before sending the message.

But … it seems, you're using the Debian configuration scheme, so I'm
lost. Double check that your exim is using authentication when
connecting to the Google servers.

The freeze happens not with the original message, but with the bounce
message your Exim wants to send you, to your google account
too…

Check the resulting configuration file in /var/lib/exim4/autogenerated…
Find the 'begin transports' block, there should be something about
authentication.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann