[exim] per recipient domain throttling

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Julian Bradfield
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] per recipient domain throttling
How can I throttle the number of delivery attempts to a given
recipient domain (NOT per MX)? Say, no more than one delivery attempt
every 5 minutes.

One of my users has her mail forwarded to gmail, and since gmail
(correctly) recognizes that lots of it is spam, it rate-limits me in
my attempts to send it - and then since all of it gets re-tried every
time the queue is run, it takes hours or days to get back to being
able to send mail to gmail without delay.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.