Re: [exim] per recipient domain throttling

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jasen Betts
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] per recipient domain throttling
On 2015-08-21, Jeremy McSpadden <jeremy@???> wrote:
> Did you just admit it was spam ..
>
> --
> Jeremy McSpadden | Flux Labs
> Local - 850-250-5590x501<tel:850-250-5590;501> | Mobile - 850-890-2543<tel:850-890-2543>
> Fax - 850-254-2955<tel:850-254-2955> | Toll Free - 877-699-FLUX<tel:877-699-FLUX>
> Web - http://www.fluxlabs.net<http://www.fluxlabs.net/>
>
> On Aug 21, 2015, at 12:02 PM, Julian Bradfield <jcb@???<mailto:jcb@inf.ed.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
> How can I throttle the number of delivery attempts to a given
> recipient domain (NOT per MX)? Say, no more than one delivery attempt
> every 5 minutes.
>
> One of my users has her mail forwarded to gmail, and since gmail
> (correctly) recognizes that lots of it is spam, it rate-limits me in
> my attempts to send it - and then since all of it gets re-tried every
> time the queue is run, it takes hours or days to get back to being
> able to send mail to gmail without delay.

Perhaps you can detect that the email is of remote origin and and send
those emails out via a different public ip address, so if it gets snarled
up, locally sourced email isn't hurt. and noone else cares. and you have
a number of options.

  user:
     My emails atren't arriving on time!

  admin:
     They are mostly spam: see Acceptable Use. This is not my problem.
     How about I give you a new email address?
     How about you forward your gmail account to your mailbox here instead?

Due to a couple of bugs in exim the interface parameter (of the SMTP
transport) should be a string expansion (so that ther retry records
will be tagged to that ip address) and the ip address should
be a constant (else email from the queue can bleed onto the wrong
IP address). So use a string expansion that always returns the same
value.

--
\_(ツ)_