Re: [exim] Sending mail fails (using TLS via company server)…

Author: Chris Laif
To: exim-users
CC: roger
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending mail fails (using TLS via company server) since upgrade to 4.85
>>> 2015-07-13 14:59:56 1ZEeGx-0006Rx-S0 == roger@??? R=send_to_gateway T=remote_smtp defer (-1): smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0x000b: terminated by signal 11
>
>> Replying to my own question - as these are segafaults I am now
>> guessing that this is a bad package possibly as a result of the
>> openSUSE change to a different gcc, or bad build dependencies.
>>
>> But if anyone knows more I'm interested to hear.
>
> There's been one or two crashers in the transport fixed since 4.85
> I think. May be worth your while compiling a bleeding-edge
> version to try (git://git.exim.org/exim.git).
>
> 4.86 is due Real Soon Now.

I'm experiencing the same 'smtp transport process signal 11'-crashes
with 4.86, too (both to remote smtp servers and internal lmtp
servers). Dist is Debian Jessie.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the results reliably (I tried the
whole day). As of now, I can summarize:

- 4.86 during some hours 100% crashes, sometimes not (irrespective of
compiled with GNUtls or OpenSSL)
- 4.85 during some hours 100% crashes, sometimes not (irrespective of
compiled with GNUtls or OpenSSL)
- 4.84 always works, no crashes at all until now

I also tried to DISABLE_OCSP and DISABLE_DNSSEC, but it didn't change anything.

Please let me know if you've any idea on how to debug further.

Chris