[exim] Rebase vs Cherry-Pick (was: spaces and quotes)

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Rebase vs Cherry-Pick (was: spaces and quotes)
Ian Zimmerman <itz@???> (Fr 14 Aug 2015 16:49:00 CEST):
> On 2015-08-14 09:48 +0200, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
>
> > It applies cleanly. (Or is there some other clean way to backport a
> > patch? I'm not a git expert ...)
>
> That would be git rebase, but I think in this situation cherry-pick is
> in fact more appropriate because it's Jasen who will backport.

Isn't the rebase basically limited to branches that are not published
yet? Because rebasing published branches will confuse the other
developers.

And yes, in the current case it's just him who needs a commit that will
be introduced in the future.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann