[exim] log_output on pipe transports

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] log_output on pipe transports
Hi, the manual for my version (4.80) says:

 log_output     Use: pipe      Type: boolean     Default: false

If this option is set and the command returns any output, the first
line of output is written to the main log, whatever the return code.

It is not clear from this if "any output" includes stderr. Right below
this it says:

 max_output      Use: pipe    Type: integer         Default: 20K

This specifies the maximum amount of output that the command may
produce on its standard output and standard error file combined. If the
limit is exceeded, the process running the command is killed. This is
intended as a safety measure to catch runaway processes. The limit is
applied independently of the settings of the options that control what
is done with such output (for example, return_output).

so I'm guessing the answer is yes, but it's not perfectly clear and I'm
not taking chances.