Re: [exim] Exim on one box, clam on another - not detecting …

Author: Gary Stainburn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim on one box, clam on another - not detecting virus
On Monday 27 July 2015 13:55:39 Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> > I currently have my firewall allowing and logging all traffic between the
> > servers. It is showing the initial connection from exim to port 3310 and
> > what are the ftp sessions on other random ports, such as 1402, 1121,
> > 1331.
>
> This is what I mean...
>
> > I see no traffic being rejected.

Hi Luca,

Thank you for your help.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. That was already the situation. I didn't
change if after your suggestion.

I have tried again and spotted my first error. These emails are coming in
from the internet, and the emails are being intercepted by our live firewall.
This firewall is removing the virus and adding a warning to the message. This
means of course that when it gets to exim / clam there is no attachment to
scan.

I have tried sending a virus email from inside my LAN and that is also getting
intercepted before it gets to my test servers.

I will tidy up my servers and do some more testing. If I still have a problem
I'll post more info.