Re: [exim] Block local submission

Author: GD
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Block local submission
Interesting and quick solution :) Thanks. But what about system users
(root, cronjobs) who needs to send mail via non-authenticated mechanism?
If I block localhost will they be able to submit mails?
About webapps sending mail if they have an smtp engine, I rarely seen
code injection with built-in smtp engine able to setup itself to use
user-password credentials to login on the underlying MTA system.
About IDS, you are right, but hosted users often aren't capable to
quickly rewrite their apps to solve the bug, so I need a way to block
emails in the meantime.
Thanks for your suggestions