Re: [exim] Exim accepts mail for domains it's supposed to ac…

Author: Dave Lugo
To: Exim Users
CC: Ernie Dunbar
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim accepts mail for domains it's supposed to accept mail for, until we add a load balancer.
On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Ernie Dunbar wrote:

> I've actually fixed this issue (at least I hope it's fixed the way I've set
> it) by adding the load balancer's IP address to the file
> /etc/exim4/local_host_whitelist. As far as I can tell, this hasn't turned our
> server into an open relay, while by default allowing mail to come in from
> this IP address.

It sounds like your load balancer isn't preserving the source IP of
incoming connections, and is instead behaving like a NAT when it connects
to exim; substituting the LB IP for the originating IP in the session.

At least, that's my take on it, given the amount of detail here, and
glancing over it for just a couple minutes.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC