Re: [exim] Exim accepts mail for domains it's supposed to ac…

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim accepts mail for domains it's supposed to accept mail for, until we add a load balancer.
On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:09:42 -0700, Ernie Dunbar
<maillist@???> wrote:
>I've actually fixed this issue (at least I hope it's fixed the way I've
>set it) by adding the load balancer's IP address to the file
>/etc/exim4/local_host_whitelist. As far as I can tell, this hasn't
>turned our server into an open relay, while by default allowing mail to
>come in from this IP address.

This adds more strangeness, since the whitelists are only used - in
Debian's default config - to exempt delivering hosts from sender
verificatoin and sender callouts. Those are the only places that are
processed in the RCPT ACL before the "relay not permitted" case that
seems to trigger in your case.

Since you chose not to show your configuration or your logs, I cannot
comment any more than "strange. Which is really a pity.

Greetings
Marc