Re: [pcre-dev] issues with EBCDIC and pcretest

Author: Ze'ev Atlas
To: Andrew Ho, pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] issues with EBCDIC and pcretest
Thank you Andrew
I guess that the best place would be under where the blurb about windows is located as you have suggested.Note that the one of the locations I am giving below was changed since it was posted in the documentation and I planned to tel Philip as well.
Here is the blurb I was thinking about:
[PCRE was ported into classic z/OS and is maintained there on regular basis.  Classic z/OS is different than Unix/Linux and Windows in that it does not have hierarchical file system, but the main difference is that the native character set is EBCDIC and not ASCII.Currently, only PCRE1 is available.  Work on PCRE2 to be started soon
You may download the PCRE from WWW.CBTTAPE.ORG, file 882.  Everything, source and executable, in EBCDIC and native z/OS file formats and this is the recommended download site. A second location is the porter's website WWW.ZAConsultants.net.  There you would find also the ASCII image that is used for the initial load.
|   |
| Thank you for visiting our new Internet site. ZA Consultants is a professional software business that specializes in some unique fields |
| |
| View on WWW.ZAConsultants.net. | Preview by Yahoo |
| |
|   |

]    Ze'ev Atlas