[pcre-dev] PERL Configure Makefile.PL for PERL_C_REGEXP?

Author: Brian Barnes
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] PERL Configure Makefile.PL for PERL_C_REGEXP?
Hi,
I am using Strawberry Perl on (dreaded windoz) with full GCC support.
Unfortunately, the 18,063 line, (534,803 bytes) configure script does not
run. When a config script would print the size of a NYC YellowPages,
something has gotten out of control.

How do you like the idea of a Perl Makefile.PL (closer to 181 lines) to do
the same thing? It would run EVERYWHERE without assuming 100% unix /bin/sh
compatibility.

I have to use photoshop so I have to use mean old windoz. This package
appears to have zero support for anything not 100% linux. Any semblance of
a mingw makefile would be a gigantic help.

Why can't Perl be as fast as C? :)

Thank you,
    Brian

1321916 Jun 23 12:32 pcre2-10.00.tar.bz2