Re: [pcre-dev] issues with EBCDIC and pcretest

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Autor: ph10
To: Ze'ev Atlas
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org
Betreff: Re: [pcre-dev] issues with EBCDIC and pcretest
On Fri, 12 Jun 2015, Ze'ev Atlas wrote:

> Reviewed the code just one more time.There should be:
> if (ebcdic_valid != 0) {    *errorcodeptr = ERR68;
>     break;}
> instead of if (ebcdic_valid != 0) *errorcodeptr = ERR68;

Thank you for the patch. I thought about this some more and decided that
it would be best to bring PCRE into line with Perl in all EBCDIC
environments, not just z/OS. I have therefore adapted your patch and
re-organized it a bit - but at the moment only in PCRE2. The error
message can trivially be re-worded for EBCDIC, and I've tried to imitate
Perl for the \c? handling.

The next thing I am going to do is to retro-fit the patch into PCRE1
(but not today). I'll email you when I have committed that code.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel