Re: [exim] Guide to setting up exim for multiple Domains on …

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Guide to setting up exim for multiple Domains on Centos
On 2015-05-20, Mike McKoy <mikemckoy@???> wrote:
> I'm trying to be able to send from multiple IPs using ecim. I have 7
> different domains i'm hosting and I can't use postfix efficiently to do
> that. Some of the clients have newsletter programs and other clients do not.
>
> Is there a comprehensive step by step guide for setting up sending and
> receiving on virtual domains with virtual users via centos? I really need
> to do this fast. Spent weeks on centos with no luck.
>
> --
> Mike McKoy
> *404.590.7176*
> http://MyForeverHair.com
> http://www.MyModelTalk.com
> http://InCrowdUSA.net
> http://www.google.com/profiles/mikemckoy

short answer:

1: get it working for one of the domains you want to handle (or a test domain)

1.1 test extensively

2:  use string expansion and duplicated config sections to make it work for a
    second domain

2.1 test again.

3: repeat from step 2 as necessary.

In the documentation where you see the daggar symbol that's an
opportunity to use string expansion. string expansion can do lookups
in static lists, external files, or external databases, plus most other
comutations you can do with a programming language.

Re-read the capter on how exim receives and delivers email until you
learn nothing by re-reading it, then read the capter on string
expansion, twice.

--
umop apisdn