Re: [exim] Please, help to configure

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Please, help to configure
On 2015-04-02, Dmitri Koulikoff <dima@???> wrote:
> Helo, all!
>
> I need your help to configure seder verificaton.
>
> In acl_check_mail: I have
>
>   require message     = Sender unknown/invalid
>           logwrite    = Sender verification $sender_address
>           log_message = Discarded message from $sender_address
>           verify      = sender/callout=5s

> But in the log I see
>

> 2015-04-01 14:57:47 1YdHHE-0005Cg-Bt ** waddle71@???
> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after
> end of data: host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net [63.250.192.45]: 554 delivery
> error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account
> (waddle71@???) [-5] - mta1599.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

"After end of data" means the address looked good until you tried to
post the mail

the verify callout quits after "RCPT TO: <waddle71@???>" is accepted

$ telnet mta6.am0.yahoodns.net. 25
Trying 98.138.112.32...
Connected to mta6.am0.yahoodns.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mta1593.mail.ne1.yahoo.com ESMTP ready
ehlo foo.org
250-mta1593.mail.ne1.yahoo.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 41943040
250-8BITMIME
250 STARTTLS
mail from: <>
250 null sender <> ok
rcpt to: <waddle71@???>
250 recipient <waddle71@???> ok
quit
221 mta1593.mail.ne1.yahoo.com

You might want to look into "cutthru routing" which is a recent
enhancement to exim designed to tackle this problem.

--
umop apisdn