Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE as FPGA

Author: ph10
To: C.J. Adams-Collier
CC: Chris Collier, pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE as FPGA
On Fri, 13 Mar 2015, C.J. Adams-Collier wrote:

> My brother and I are thinking about compiling the PCRE library down to
> something that would run on a dedicated FPGA.

FPGA? Er, I'm not a hardware person - I guess that's a Field
Programmable Gate Array?

> We might need some help targeting different hardware or something like
> that, and I wanted to open a channel of communication for any
> questions we have as we move along in this process.

You can try asking here, but the last time I looked at anything "lower"
than C was IBM Assembler in the 1980s. However, there are others on this
list who perhaps have more relevent knowledge.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel