Re: [exim] Asking for help getting Spam Assassin to work on …

Author: Godfrey
To: exim users
CC: Cyborg, Jeremy Harris
Subject: Re: [exim] Asking for help getting Spam Assassin to work on Exim 4.85 & Exim4u
Greetings

Thank you for coming back to me with the various suggestions to trace this
problem.

Firstly spamd is running etc etc all is in order.

After much learning etc and tracing via netstat etc tcpdump etc which never
dawned on me initially.

This is a very handy tool   exim -bd -d+all >log 2>&1 & tail -f log    thank
you Jeremy

It comes down to this

failed to expand: select users.sa_tag * 10 from users,domains where
localpart = '${quote_mysql etc

I counted { } till I nearly went silly.

A search of google reveals that this is an issue and has been delt with
extensively by Jeremy and Shamim Shahriar and other members in receint past.

The question comes down to what was the fix at the end of the day.

This conversation does not to lead to a conclusion .

https://github.com/avleen/vexim2/issues/21

Is there a fix out there digging around via google does not seem to bring up
a fix or revised code.

Thank you again to Jeremy and Cybourg for coming to my aid so quickly.

Regards

Godfrey