Re: [exim] HAProxy SMTP Proxy Protocol

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Matt Bryant
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] HAProxy SMTP Proxy Protocol
On 2015-02-27 at 15:37 +1000, Matt Bryant wrote:
> Is anyone using this in anger yet ??? Been doing some testing and most
> of the time it works ok but there are occasions when 'Proxy Negotiation'
> fails, give the ha proxy VM a quick reboot and starts working again .
> which is kinda strange.

I believe that Todd Lyons, the Exim maintainer who wrote the support, is
using it.

Note that if things work when you reboot the bit which isn't Exim, then
that suggests that some state has shifted on that box and that if you
didn't touch Exim when you rebooted the other one, then Exim is not in a
bad state and is continuing to work in the same way it was before.

At this point, log-files from Exim and from the HA box at the point in
time when the failures latch on would be good to see.

-Phil