Re: [exim] Odd problem on debug option (-d) an verbose optio…

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Odd problem on debug option (-d) an verbose options (-v)
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:26:33AM +0100, jfaner@??? wrote:
> Hi
>
> As root identify i run exim in debug mode ass this:
> exim -bd -d
>
> Then apperas a lot of initial messages and the last one is
> "26376 Listening..."
>
> Well, the problem is despite the messages i send successfully, nothing
> else appears in the screeon, it is blocked in "listening..."
>
> The same happens with the verbose (-v) option. After 2 line of initial
> message nothing else happens.
>
> May sameone tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Probably you suppose that locally generated messages are sent through
listening daemon. It's not true: they are sent via creation of separate
Exim process (e.i. via execve() syscall), bypassing listening daemon.
You can can see in the log that pid of sending process is different.
Look for "locally generated mails" in documentation.
--
Eugene Berdnikov