Re: [exim] redirect email on local network

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] redirect email on local network
On 2015-02-04, Frédéric Marécaille <frederique.marecaille@???> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> First, excuse me for my english, isn't very good :)
>
> So, I've a personal server wich receive local email by exim
> (notification's scripts, notification's crontab...) and a laptop, with
> exim installed too and receive some notifications and email from a
> personal account email.
>
> I would like the server send his email on my laptop.
>
> I think there is not only launch #dpkg reconfigure exim4-config but I
> have modify the /etc/email-addresses, /etc/hosts??
>
> How configure it please?
>
> For your information, I use Debian/Stable
>
> Thank you

The easiest way is to install a pop3 server on the psersonal server (I
used "mailutils-pop3d") and a pop3 client eg thunderbird or fetchmail on the
laptop.

If you really want to transfer the emails by SMTP you'll be adding a
new static route in /etc/exim4/conf.d/route and and edi the aliases in
/etc/aliases to get root's mail to follow the static route.

--
umop apisdn