Re: [exim] Strange random logging issue 4.85?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Robert Blayzor
Aan: Exim Users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Strange random logging issue 4.85?
On Feb 4, 2015, at 3:13 AM, Evgeniy Berdnikov <bd4@???> wrote:

> Using strace you can verify whether Exim writes all messages into
> syslog socket:
>
> strace -s128 -fp <pidof[exim-daemon]> 2>&1 | fgrep "Start queue run"

Even easier, I just set Syslog on the BSD server to log to a local file and send to the remote host.

Whats interesting is syslog does get both messages; both Start and End are logged to the local file.

However when forwarding to the remote host, "end queue run" messages always make it, while "start queue run" are sporadic. My tcpdump shows that a syslog message isn't even generated when they miss. This is sounding more like a FreeBSD syslogd bug...

--
Robert
inoc.net!rblayzor