Re: [exim] check_srv mx exists

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ian Eiloart
To: Richard Clayton
CC: exim-users@exim.org, Klaus Ethgen, Jeremy Harris
Betreff: Re: [exim] check_srv mx exists

> On 21 Jan 2015, at 13:33, Richard Clayton <richard@???> wrote:
>
>> For me, as the administrator of an MTA: if my MTA
>> cannot return a bounce to a sender then I cannot maintain overall
>> reliability of email, in the notification of error conditions.
>
> as a community we'd much rather than you refused to accept a message
> (5xx) rather than accepting it and generating a bounce later !

Of course, if you have an SPF pass, this isn’t an issue. You won’t be creating backscatter.

Well, I guess that’s assuming that the domain hasn’t been registered with bad MX records (do people do this on purpose?). You probably shouldn’t trust domains with +all.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex