Re: [exim] Pass through mail routers twice?

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Pass through mail routers twice?
On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 02:01:13PM -0500, Robert Blayzor wrote:
> I am trying to track down an issue with a router I am running some embedded perl code in. I my exim log it appears that the code is called twice and I'm trying to avoid that.
>
> My router is simple, I simply want to check a condition in perl and be able to send a ":fail:" or null string back. Null string resulting into moving onto the next available router.
>
> pg_mdircheck:
>   driver = redirect
>   allow_fail = true
>   allow_defer = true
>   domains = +local_domains
>   fail_verify = true
>   data = ${perl{mdir_check}\
>                {${extract{homedir}{MACRO1}}}\
>                {${extract{quota}{MACRO2}}}\
>                {IDLE_TIME}}
>   local_part_suffix = +*
>   local_part_suffix_optional

Routers are often executed many times as part of most normal Exim
configs. Sender verification in the MAIL FROM ACL, recipient
verification in the RCPT TO, and again after the message is accepted
and finally being routed for delivery.

If your intention is to only run it once during the RCPT ACL, then you
probably also want to add "verify_only" and "no_verify_sender".

If you dont use "no_verify_sender", your quota check will also occur
if you send from one of your +local_domain domains, depending on
if/where sender verification occurs in your ACLs.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???