Re: [exim] Pass through mail routers twice?

Author: Robert Blayzor
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Pass through mail routers twice?
On Dec 18, 2014, at 2:35 PM, Klaus Ethgen <Klaus+exim@???> wrote:

> The key is that one is executed without ID and one with. I think you are
> doing delivery verification in incoming ACL (most probably). That will
> go through the router also in verification step. As this is done before
> data part, there is no message id available.
>
> You should set verify to false in your router or handle the verification
> step in your script. (You might use the fact that there is no message id
> in verification but I am not fully true that this is the case in any
> cases.) See also [0].

Actually it's just some perl code I need run in the RCPT TO ACL, so it needed to run then, which is early and before Exim receives the message; so there is no message-id.

This seemed to do what I want in the router:

data = ${if def:message_exim_id {} {${perl{mdir_check}}} }

This way it runs only once early on at RCPT ACL time and not again later...

-Robert