Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 first Release Candidate

Author: ph10
To: Maël Hörz
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 first Release Candidate
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014, Maël Hörz wrote:

> Wouldn't it make sense to keep/reintroduce PCRE2_JAVASCRIPT_COMPAT as a
> combination/oring of PCRE2_ALT_BSUX, PCRE2_ALLOW_EMPTY_CLASS, and
> PCRE2_MATCH_UNSET_BACKREF?

I abolished JAVASCRIPT_COMPAT for two reasons: (1) It caused some people
to think it enabled full JavaScript compatibility, which it did not. (2)
JavaScript seems now to be only one version of ECMAScript. For those
reasons I thought it would be more future-proof if the actual changes to
behaviour were given their own behavioural names, without tying them to
any specific language.

> (I wont use that option, just commenting on the API as I notice things.)

Comments on the API are welcome. Please keep on noticing things!

Philip

--
Philip Hazel